Friday, November 16, 2012

STRAW BLOWING ART - Angry Birds Watercolor (Cardinals)


 
This was one of my favorite lessons, my art students were so engaged during the full process!
 

We started by using liquid watercolors, we mixed red and green to create a brown greenish color for the branches. I put a few drops of paint on the bottom of the watercolor paper and instructed the students to blow in an upward and sideward direction to create branch like shapes, I would put a few more drops while they were working through the process to help with a more accurate shape of what we thought could look like bare branches at the winter season.






After the tree was done we used a few pictures I found online of Cardinals, we studied their form and we imitated their shapes using red and  black watercolor.

 
 
We added some background with a more diluted brown paint and also blue for the sky.

I hope you like it, and please give us your feedback!!!