Thursday, January 26, 2012

Upcoming classes!

It's just a handful of days until January is over. I am glad we have snow! I was just looking out my window and realized how beautiful this season can be.
“Winter comes in whispers. Frost etchings decorate windowpanes. The crows gather on gnarled branches, their wings creating inky paintings in the cold air.”

                        -Shari Altman

You must be wondering what this poem of cold winter, gnarled branches and crows has to do with art.  Well, I had been working on lesson preparations for the month of February, and deeply enjoying the ones for this month as I looked at the snow all around us.  There is something special about art and nature that seems connected somehow.  Beautiful things around me make me enjoy being creative, and art is the release of that inner joy I feel!

Art washes away from the soul the dust of every day life.

                        -Pablo Picasso

I am really excited for this upcoming month of February because it is a month to express our feelings! We will be working on abstract paintings as well as other techniques.  So, parents...get your walls ready!  You won’t be able to resist hanging the artwork your kids will be bringing home. We will be looking for inspiration through poetry, and expressing feelings by using colors.